You are looking at a Light Bulb Socket Dusk to Dawn Sensor.
This is a neat unit to use to get some light when it gets dark without always flipping a switch
It will screw into a regular E27 light bulb socket.
This is a nice option for my lighthouses.You just plug your lighthouse, "or any other outside light for that matter" into a 110 volt receptacle and install this unit and you won't have to search for the door knob in the dark. Automatic on and off switch.
Tip: Set your lighthouse far enough away from the front door to keep the mosquitoes away from the front door.
Dusk to Dawn Sensor Features
- Turns Lamp on at Dusk
- Turns Lamp off at Dawn
- Fits into any standard E27 Lamp Socket
- Works with any E27 candescent, florescent or LED bulbs
- A. Screw 60-150 watt bulb into lamp sensor. (unit is rated for max. 150 watt bulb)
- B. Screw the lamp control unit into light fixture. The sensor opening should be positioned to receive maximum daylight.
- Caution: Screw in only until the lamp sensor is secure and the sensor is correctly oriented. Do not over tighten.
- C. Turn on the power (and leave it on for automatic operations.)
The lamp sensor uses an electronic switching circuit and a special photocell which senses light through the window, depending on the position of the sensor. The ideal sensor position lets in enough light to turn the light on, yet reduces unwanted blinking.
It is a nice add on for lighthouses or any other light you would like to have come on automatically.